Information on data protection
In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data in our company for which we are controller of the data processing. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
The responsible party pursuant to art. 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
HLS business solutions GmbH, Cuxhavener Str. 426, 21149 Hamburg,
compare our imprint.
Please direct all privacy inquiries to our stated address or electronically to [Datenschutz@hls.de].
Data protection officer
External data protection officer
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
For any questions or concerns regarding your data, please feel free to contact us at Datenschutz@hls.de.
If you wish to communicate directly with our data protection officer (for example, because you have a particularly sensitive request), please contact him or her by mail, as communication by e-mail can always have security vulnerabilities. Please indicate in the request that your concern relates to the company HLS business solutions GmbH.
Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable individual. This includes the following categories of personal data that we process:
- Your contact information (such as first and last name, address, email address, phone number),
- Your correspondence with us,
- Log files containing information about your visit to our website,
- Customer data (such as billing data, payment data, address, order history, payment data),
- Application data: resumes, photo, awards (such as testimonials and certificates),
More information about log files
Every time the website is accessed, data and information is collected by an automated system of our internet provider by means of log files or pixels.
This information is stored on the system’s servers for 10 days.
The following data can be collected here:
- Information about the browser type and version used
- Operating system of the user
- Device type used
- Requested website or file
- Data volume transferred in each case
- IP address of the user in anonymized form to determine the access location
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user’s system accesses our website (referrer)
The processing of the data serves the provision of this internet service, in particular the delivery of the contents of our website, the guarantee of the functionality, stability and security of our information technology systems and the optimization of our website.
The aforementioned data is always stored separately from other personal data of the users and deleted after 10 days.
We process your data for the following purposes:
- for correspondence with you,
- for the processing of contracts with you,
- for the provision of our service,
- for consideration of your application,
- to improve our service,
We base the processing of your data on the following legal bases:
- Your consent, if you have given us such consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR),
- The initiation or execution of a contract with you (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR),
- The fulfilment of legal obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR),
- The implementation of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR)
When processing your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- the protection of our systems against misuse,
- the storage of our correspondence with you,
Recipient of the data
In order to maintain and carry out the operation of the website and the newsletter dispatch, we partly use service providers who receive or have access to the necessary data in fulfillment of their orders.
The categories of recipients are: IT service provider, hosting provider, EDP service provider
These recipients are obligated by us – just like our employees – to maintain confidentiality and observe data secrecy.
Transfer to third countries
There is no data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
Right to information
You have the right to information about your stored personal data, its origin and recipient and the purpose of data processing at any time.
Right to correction
You have the right to correct your stored data at any time.
If you find any discrepancies, you can also correct your data yourself in your customer account.
Right to deletion / blocking
You have the right to have your stored data deleted or blocked for further processing at any time if we are obliged to retain your data due to statutory retention obligations, see also restriction of data processing.
Right to object to processing
If we send you direct advertising, you have the right to object to this data processing at any time.
Your right to object will be additionally pointed out to you in the context of consent and you will also be able to implement this easily via technical means; this also applies to possible profiling, which could be directly related to direct advertising.
Right to complain to supervisory authorities
You have the right to complain at any time to the supervisory authority for data protection responsible for us.
Hamburg State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Storage Period of personal data
We store your data,
- if you have consented to the processing, at most until you revoke your consent;
- if we need the data for the execution of a contract, at most for as long as the contractual relationship with you exists;
- if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, at most for as long as your interest in deletion or anonymisation does not outweigh the data;
- insofar as statutory storage obligations exist, until the end of the storage periods.
We also use technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data that is generated or collected, in particular against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against attack by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
If our processes change, we adjust the information.